Veneers – Richardson, TX
Giving You a Smile Like the Stars
If you’ve noticed your favorite television star donning a beautifully straight and whiter smile lately, it is a good possibility that they’ve had veneers placed. Common among Hollywood’s elite, these ultra-thin shells can be a possible and easy attainable treatment for you, too! With veneers in Richardson, Dr. Shwarts can hide any and all imperfections on your teeth, giving you a fully transformed smile like the stars. Custom-made to your liking, you will have not only an improved appearance but increased confidence once they’re put into place. To find out how you can get started, contact us to schedule your appointment today!
Why Choose Shwarts Family Dentistry for Veneers?
- Custom-made veneers to transform your smile
- A cosmetic dentist who is trained and skilled at placing veneers
- Versatile treatment that can fix many cosmetic flaws
What Are Veneers?
Veneers are thin ceramic coverings that fit nicely over the surface of your teeth. They can hide many of the most irritating and unfortunate imperfections, including:
- Gapped teeth
- Minor misalignments
Using impressions taken of your teeth, your veneers will be custom-made by lab technicians who will create them based on your own personal preferences. From color, size, and shape, you will see a dramatically newer smile in just two appointments.
What is the Process for Getting Veneers?
At your first appointment, you and your cosmetic dentist in Richardson will discuss what you hope to achieve by having veneers placed. After examining your oral health and discussing your medical history, Dr. Shwarts will be able to determine if veneers are right for you. Once he is satisfied and gives you the green light for treatment, he will remove a small portion of the enamel from each tooth that will be covered by a veneer.
This is an important step, as it allows the veneer to lay flat against the natural tooth, and it encourages the bonding agent to successfully adhere the veneer to your tooth.
Once he has finished removing the enamel, he will take impressions of your teeth and send them to a dental lab where technicians will begin crafting your customized veneers. This can take a few weeks, so it’s important to be patient. Before you leave, you will receive temporary veneers to wear in the meantime.
During your second and final appointment, Dr. Shwarts will remove the temporary veneers and use a special bonding agent to fix your permanent veneers to your natural teeth. Giving them a final polishing, you will see a completely new smile when looking in the mirror.
Benefits of Veneers
Veneers are one of the only true methods of cosmetic dentistry that can transform a person’s smile. Yes, there are plenty of other ways you can fix imperfections, cover flaws, and even achieve a full smile makeover, but any other option may not offer the results you hope to achieve. Plus, other methods of treatment may cost more money.
By choosing veneers to improve your smile, you can expect the following benefits:
- A completely natural aesthetic
- Increased confidence in the way you look and feel
- Veneers that are easy to clean and require no special products or tools
- A less invasive procedure in comparison to other forms of restorative treatment
- With proper care, your veneers can last 10 years or more
- A versatile treatment that hides various cosmetic flaws
How to Maintain Your Veneers
It’s important that you are confident in your decision to have veneers placed. Not only is it a worthwhile investment, but it’s a long-lasting one as well. Naturally, this type of cosmetic treatment doesn’t last forever, but with proper care and maintenance, you can keep your veneers lasting anywhere from 10-15 years!
To make sure your smile stays sparkling, here are a few tips to maintaining your veneers:
- Keep your regular appointments with Dr. Shwarts, as this allows him to check your veneers for any cracks, chips, or damage.
- Brush your teeth twice daily for two minutes using fluoride toothpaste
- Floss between your veneers to remove harmful bacteria at least once a day
- Avoid eating hard foods or chewing on inanimate objects or ice
- Try to stay away from stain-causing foods and beverages. Although the veneer is stronger at combatting stains than natural tooth enamel, over time, it can become stained.
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
Because every veneers treatment is personalized to meet each patient’s unique needs, there is no fixed cost of veneers in Richardson. During your consultation with Dr. Shwarts, he will examine your mouth and determine a cost estimate for your smile makeover. Keep in mind that when it comes to dental work, you tend to get what you pay for. If you truly want a smile like your favorite stars, it’s important to select the right cosmetic dental service for your specific goals.
Cost vs. Cosmetic Dentistry: What’s Right for Me?
There are a variety of cosmetic dentistry services to choose from. Each of them is designed to improve your smile in different ways, and as such, they each come with their own specific costs. Let’s compare veneers with some of the other services offered by your cosmetic dentist in Richardson:
- Invisalign – Invisalign clear braces can straighten crooked teeth but generally cost quite a bit. Plus, you’ll have to wear them for around a year on average before you’ll achieve results. Also, they don’t help with discolored or misshapen teeth.
- Teeth whitening – Our professional teeth whitening service is faster and cheaper than Invisalign, but the results are also limited. It can only improve the color of your teeth, not their position or shape.
- Dental bonding – Bonding is the least expensive option and can often be completed in a single appointment. However, it only works for minor smile flaws, like a small chip in the enamel. The procedure will also have to be redone every five to ten years.
- Veneers – While veneers are certainly not the cheapest cosmetic service, it is the most versatile treatment we offer. It can fix virtually every aspect of your smile, including the shape, color, and position of your teeth, in just a couple of appointments. The results can easily last for a decade, possibly even two with the right maintenance.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
Veneers are generally not covered by dental insurance, but there may be exceptions depending on the details of your plan. At Shwarts Family Dentistry, our team is quite knowledge about insurance, and we welcome all plans. We’ll even file your claims on your behalf to save you time.
For extra help funding your smile makeover, we can split the cost of your treatment up into smaller monthly payments through dental financing. Payment schedules can range from six to 36 months, and many of them have little or no interest. We’re sure to have a plan that fits into your budget!
As an alternative to insurance, you may be interested in our VIP In-House Plan. For one low flat fee (which can be paid per year or per month), most or all of your preventive care will be fully covered. You’ll even get a 15% discount on the majority of our other services, including veneers. Best of all, there are no waiting periods, annual maximums, or deductibles to worry about.
If you’re interested in veneers, we can’t stress enough that you should schedule a consultation to learn more. We can’t wait to help you come up with a solution to transform your smile without breaking the bank!
Do you have questions about what life will be like with veneers in Richardson? Investing in your smile is a big decision, which is why we want to make sure that you feel confident in your choice to transform your grin. Below, we’ve answered some common questions we receive from patients about veneers.
Are veneers permanent?
To prepare your teeth for veneers, our team needs to etch away a very small portion of your natural enamel. This steps makes the process permanent. However, if we don’t do this, then the veneers will not lay flush with the rest of your teeth or look completely natural. Before we start the procedure, we’ll be sure to discuss all of your options and make sure that veneers are the best choice for you. One great benefit about this procedure is that with the proper maintenance, they can last up to 25 years, unlike other cosmetic solutions, such as dental bonding, which typically lasts between five and seven years.
Is it true that veneers don’t stain?
It’s true that dental porcelain (which is what your veneers are crafted from) is a non-porous material, unlike your natural tooth enamel. This makes it stain-resistant, not stain-proof. Fewer tannins will seep into the surface of your veneers, which means you won’t have to worry about them rapidly discoloring, like composite resin would. To keep them looking like new, all you need to do is keep up with your dental hygiene routine and avoid stain-causing foods and drinks if you’re able to.
Will getting veneers increase my risk of getting cavities?
Since veneers are built to function and look exactly like normal teeth do, you’re able to care for them in the exact same way. As long as you’re brushing, flossing, and rinsing with antibacterial mouthwash every day, you can fight off the accumulation of plaque and harmful oral bacteria, preventing cavities from forming. It’s also a good idea to visit Dr. Shwarts every six months for a checkup and cleaning. By doing this, he’ll be able to identify and fix or treat any issues that occur before they jeopardize your veneers or your oral health.
Will veneers change my diet?
While veneers won’t keep you from eating certain foods, it’s always a good idea to be mindful of sticky, hard, and chewy snacks. Just like with your natural teeth, these foods can increase your risk of damaging, chipping, or cracking a veneer, which could cause you to need an unexpected visit to your dentist in Richardson. However, because porcelain is such a durable material, chipped or cracked veneers are a rare occurrence.
How much do veneers cost?
The veneers procedure is customized to match each patient’s unique needs, which is why an initial consultation is necessary before you’re able to receive an accurate price for the treatment.