Dental Crowns – Richardson, TX
Additional Protection for Weakened Teeth
Has damage or decay weakened your tooth? Do you want a solution that will not only improve the health of your smile but also restore its appearance? When a weak tooth forces you to move through life a bit slower for fear of causing more damage, it’s time to turn to dental crowns in Richardson. At Shwarts Family Dentistry, Dr. Shwarts and his team want you to get back to normal as quickly as possible, which is why he is pleased to offer his patients this versatile treatment option. To find out how you can take back your oral health and get back to living the life you love, contact us to schedule an appointment with Dr. Shwarts today!
Why Choose Shwarts Family Dentistry for Dental Crowns?
- A customized restoration that blends with your smile
- Sedation dentistry options to make you comfortable
- A warm and friendly dental team
What Are Dental Crowns?
If you’re looking for a versatile treatment option to strengthen and support your weakened tooth, look no further than dental crowns. This type of dental restoration has been around for decades, giving people a chance to enjoy a fully restored smile all while protecting their teeth from further damage and decay.
Your dentist in Richardson can use dental crowns to fix a variety of issues, including:
- Repairing large cavities
- Providing teeth with the strength and protection needed after a root canal
- Transform teeth that are oddly shaped or look smaller than normal
Dental crowns are made to fit over your natural tooth and are customized to match the color, size, and shape of your natural teeth. This ensures you have a beautifully blended smile.
Who is a Good Candidate?
Individuals who have experienced the following are ideal candidates for dental crowns:
- Severe tooth decay that a filling cannot treat
- A tooth damaged by injury
- Teeth needing a new look due to their shape or size
What is the Process for Getting a Dental Crown?
Dr. Shwarts strives to make every procedure as easy as possible, completing the process in two appointments. During your first visit, he will begin by administering local anesthesia or sedation to make you comfortable. Once he is satisfied that you are ready to begin, he will start preparing your tooth. If it is severely decayed, he will clean out the decay and infection before thoroughly cleaning the tooth and filling it. He will file the tooth down to ensure the dental crown properly fits.
After it is reshaped, he will take an impression, so it can be sent to the dental lab. There, technicians will work to create your dental crown, taking care to make sure your prosthetic matches the size, shape, and color of your natural teeth. It often takes 2 to 3 weeks for the final restoration to be complete.
Once it arrives in our office, you’ll return to have Dr. Shwarts place the crown over your tooth using special cement.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Crowns?
- Offers additional support to a damaged or decayed tooth
- Protects and seals the tooth from any further problems and prevents bacteria from reinfection the tooth
- Creates a pleasing appearance
- Restores your tooth to its natural shape and size
- Hides any impurities, including stains or discoloration