September 4, 2020
Even if you value a healthy smile, it’s easy to become complacent about smile-friendly lifestyle choices. In this blog post from Shwarts Family Dentistry in Richardson our goal is for you to evaluate where you stand, and to think about whether you could step it up a notch.
By committing to dental health best practices, you can prevent future problems and even improve your quality of life.
- Good: Brush your teeth once a day.
- Better: Brush your teeth after each meal.
- Best: Brush after each meal and floss thoroughly before bed.
- Good: Call our office if you get a toothache.
- Better: See us once a year, even if you don’t notice any dental issues.
- Best: Get a thorough dental exam and cleaning every six months.
A White Smile
- Good: Use a whitening toothpaste.
- Better: Use an over-the-counter teeth whitening system at home.
- Best: Call us for an in-office whitening treatment.
- Good enough for some people: Ignore it. (We don’t recommend this.)
- Better: Get a quality dental bridge.
- Best: Ask us about a state-of-the-art dental implant.
- Good: Eat a healthy diet.
- Better: Eat a healthy diet and limit sugary snacks and beverages.
- Best: Eat a healthy diet, limit between-meal snacking, eat lots of calcium-rich foods, minimize sugar-filled foods, avoid energy drinks and soda, and sip water throughout the day.
At Shwarts Family Dentistry in Richardson we are committed to the dental health of each one of our patients. People from Richardson, Plano, and Prestonwood come to our practice for general and cosmetic dentistry. Schedule your next checkup with us today!
About the Practice
Dr. Ellis Shwarts and his skilled team have proudly served the dental needs of patients and families in the Richardson, TX community for several years! A Dallas native, Dr. Shwarts received his dental degree from the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio and has spent countless hours educating himself and honing his skills so that he can provide a truly unmatched level of care. The practice offers a comprehensive range of preventive, cosmetic, and restorative treatment options. If you have any questions about the article or would like to schedule your next visit, feel free to contact the practice online or over the phone for further assistance: (972) 525-9283.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.